Back OfficerRegister for Job Alert
We are seeking a motivated Back Officer to join our clients Gas and Power Trading desk to carry out physical portfolio sourcing, hedging and proprietary trading operations. The role will require you to be responsive to the needs of the business and reactive to regulatory issues.
• Assist in managing a portfolio of trading counterparties
• Check traders supply accurate details for trades validated within our ETRM system
• Ensure that accurate trading information is represented within the ETRM system by confirming deals with counterparties on a daily basis
• Reconcile counterparty invoices
• Send invoices to counterparties without exceeding deadlines set within the industry as well as contractually
• Daily reconciliation of trading positions
• Collect and check brokers confirmations for each deal
• Check and send all the confirmations produced by the ETRM system to the counterparties and collect and check all the incoming ones
• Effective communications with numerous internal and external parties.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of energy commodity markets
- Assist in managing a portfolio of trading counterparts
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to details
- Team player and able to prioritise in a fast moving, constantly changing environment
- Proven compliance experience or relevant department experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Maths, Economics etc.
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of Italian language would be an advantage
- Excellent PC skills: MS Office/Bloomberg and ideally experience with ETRM.